• How do you refill your well?

We are all so busy, working in and/or out of the home.  We give, give, give, and I think it’s so important to take a moment every now and then to refill your well, to recharge your batteries (whatever metaphor you prefer).  How do you refill yours?

Today I refilled my well by taking a moment to soak up some sun and pray…

sunbathing

13 Responses to “How do you refill your well?”

1. Maryanne says:

Oooh, oooh, I have a whole post planned in my head about this! We’re so on the same page. :)
      But yesterday I refilled my well by taking some time to read something that interested me- really interested me, not just something I found while mindlessly trolling the internet. It was a good thing I did, because I definitely needed that full well later!

2. Brandy says:

@Maryanne
      What did you read?

3. Jessica says:

Last night I went to a little class put on by a local photography group. As I was driving home I realized that my well felt really full. Much more full then it has for a long time.
      I think, for me, my well needs to be replenished by a chance to spend some time without children or other people “needing” me so I can focus on something that I am interested in.

4. Maryanne says:

@Brandy
      The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule. Expect a review here soon. And probably copious quotes. (She’s the person I quoted in my last post.) She has some really encouraging ideas on how to be more creative on an individual level.

5. Brandy says:

@Jessica
      I agree, Jessica. It reminds me of the safety instructions in planes to put on your own O2 mask before helping someone else. None of us can be of any use if we are depleted.

6. Jessica says:

@Brandy – good point! We can’t help others until we can help ourselves.